- Turn a bad idea into a good idea by asking “why?”
- Win the mind game.
To harness the power of others’ unconscious brains, kick off every important dialogue with your pearly whites. “If I smile at someone, mirror neurons mimic that behavior. To some extent, that person smiles inside.”
- Cut the urgency BS. “High Priority” emails will get you no where.
- Tackle failure.
- Avoid blame.
- Ask questions.
- Make failure a regular part of conversation.
- Understand your quiet colleagues.
- Explain an idea.
- Keep explanations clear and simple.
What are some other tips for navigating conversation in the workplace?
Want more from Fast Company on conversations?
- How Do You Foster Intelligent Conversation?
- Talk Is Cheap. Let’s Have A Conversation
- The One Conversational Tool That Will Make You Better At Absolutely Everything
[Image: Marekuliasz via Shutterstock][Post: m.cecelia bittner]
Master Class is a new Co.Create series where top talents from various creative fields explain, in detail, how they do what they do. Post Super Bowl XLVI is a great time for a Master Class on How To Make A Great Commercial. An in depth, step-by-step look at how to conceive, develop and produce a spot, from one of the art form’s top names, Gerry Graf.
We all love sharing our beautiful and fun pictures on Instagram, but is there a “right” way to use Instagram for your business? Here are 5 handy tips on using Instagram to make your brand stand apart.