Nike’s redesigned NFL uniform that everyone will be talking about tonight
- The helmet’s unique design fades from matte black in front to shiny gold in the rear.
- Nike’s Jags jersey is made out of high-tech stretch material that hugs the torso for a sleek look but still offers the necessary range of motion.
- An armed-forces-style badge is a nod to Jacksonville’s sizable military community.
- The belt adds hidden padding, which could help players avoid hip pointers, a common injury.
- When a player interlaces his hands just the right way, the gloves create a single image, the team logo.
NFL, GE Chiefs Roger Goodell, Jeff Immelt Meld Minds For A Head Injury Initiative
Saving skulls isn’t just a smart idea for safety and an opportunity for innovation, it’s a no-brainer for both businesses. In this exclusive interview, Immelt and Goodell explain why.
Their “Head Health Initiative” is assembling top military and academic experts to oversee studies on brain trauma, and is reaching out to entrepreneurs to submit new approaches to prevent injuries.
[Football Player: Everett Collection via Shutterstock]
Nike’s won the contract to design the official uniforms of the NFL. Here’s a sneak peek at what they are planning.