Headline: Rick Perry leaves a trail of death…
Here is a basic run down of why you can’t stay focused…
- After 12 seconds of effort, your neurons are running on empty.
- They first look to glial cells for lactate, a readily used sugar.
- If glial cells can’t find lactate, they look for glycogen, which they store up at night and later convert to energy.
- If your neurons can’t find lactate or glycogen, they get exhausted—enabling other parts of your brain to call for attention.
Happy hump day! Here are a few tips to boost your productivity.
- Funkified new wave jams to boost your productivity
- The truth about sleep, science, and productivity
- What successful people do during lunch
Have a great day!
In the U.S., Avon ladies helped pioneer the door-to-door sales business model while peddling makeup and perfumes. Today, one at a time, women are fanning out to reach some of the world’s most remote markets with desperately needed goods and services. How a traveling salesforce of women could bridge Africa’s “last mile.”
Here’s how one entrepreneur faced his biggest fears - clients, new work, scorpions! - and found hard fought success.
Did you know that bacteria can use tools?
"When growing on a surface, a colony might come across a gap that it can’t cross. What a bacteria might then do is send out individual cells to collect spores of fungi and throw them into the gap, effectively growing a natural bridge that the colony can then spread across."
Every second on the Internet, about 4,000 tweets are posted to Twitter. And about 33,333 Google searches are made. And about 46,000 YouTube clips are viewed. "Every Second on the Internet" cleverly uses your screen real estate to make the sheer size of uploaded data make sense.
The author recently returned from a whirlwind seven-campus, three-state college tour with his oldest son. Here’s what he learned about how to stay in the moment, make connections, and be authentic…
Here is a bit of wisdom from Park and Recreation’s Ron Swanson, plus a few tips to help you be more happy and productive today.
- The simple 8-step process to make over your dream schedule-and transform your dream into goals
- The 20-minute exercise to eradicate negative thinking
- 5 tips to stay productive all day long
Have a great day!
“Exciting as it is to cross items off your list, accept this paradox: A good bucket list may grow rather than shrink over time. Because ideally you will grow, rather than shrink over time as well.”
“Empowering women with practical skills and a network of support just makes sense. Our opportunity in terms of driving innovation in the world today comes from pooling the potential of the full population, not just 50% of it.”