Ever wondered why lego mini-figures have holes in their heads? Is it to match the bricks? To snap on hats? Nope. In reality, they have been designed to allow air to pass through if lodged in a child’s throat.
- Immediately After the Bar Exam: Elana Nightingale Dawson, 29, went into labor during the final portion of the bar exam in Illinois back in 2011, gritted her teeth, pounded the table, finished the exam and gave birth two hours later. And oh yeah, she passed.
- At Wal-Mart: The first baby of 2013 in Banks County, GA was born at Wal-Mart. Apparently this no longer qualifies as unusual.
- On a Remote Stretch of Utah highway: Lynette Hales gave birth to twins with the help of state troopers.
- To Our Own Grandchildren: 45-year-old Angie Stockton was the surrogate mother for her own grandchild when her daughter couldn’t carry a baby.
- After Just 5 Minutes Of Labor: Reported May 29, Erica Bovino went into labor with her second child 5 days early; her healthy daughter was born just 5 minutes after the first contraction.
Google honors Maurice Sendak’s birthday with a moving Where The Wild Things Are doodle.
Photos of Children From Around the World With Their Most Prized Possessions
“People say that MBA students are arrogant, that they don’t want to dirty their hands, and only want to give their advice.”
- Abbasali Gabula, deputy director at SP Jain, a leading school in Mumbai.
Accused of being part of financial problems and a decline in morals, one Indian MBA program is taking action, requiring its students to spend significant time in India’s slums, working with children.