Yay! It’s Friday!
- Set an objective for Monday (as what you need to get done will still be fresh in your mind).
- Leave a treat for yourself on your desk—it’ll be the best start to a Monday you’ve had in a long time.
You need energy to do your best work or be a good friend or partner. Weekends give energy. So unplug for the next 60 hours or so, because when you’re detached from your work over the weekend, you are able to recover from your workweek.
Daily Fast Feed Roundup
TGIF! Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know today:
- A lead Google Glass developer is working on wearable tech for dogs that would let them communicate more easily with their handlers.
- Meet the 6-foot tall humanoid robot that may just save your life someday.
- Edward Snowden has requested a meeting with human rights representatives at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo airport.
- The NSA has been monitoring Skype calls since July of 2012.
- The tin in your iPhone might be wrecking the environment.
- UK researchers are testing a 'penetrator' spacecraft that is designed to search for life on Jupiter's moon. It would travel at about 760 mph, close to the speed of sound.
- Today’s most creative person is Alex Maccaw, the creator of Monacle, a place where techies can share ideas and constructive criticism without having to deal with snarky, useless feedback.
- Lady Gaga has revealed more details of her upcoming ARTPOP project. The”musical and visual engineering system” is set to launch in November.
- Music discovery service Shazam has compiled a list of the top ten most misheard lyrics in pop. And they’re pretty funny.
- The Gagnam Style artist Psy has joined the ranks of Justin Beiber and Rihanna with three billion YouTube views.
Have a good one!