"In light of Fukushima, Chernobyl, which is in Ukraine, doesn’t seem like an aberration of a dying regime, so much as something that can happen anywhere to anyone."
Daily Fast Feed Roundup
Good morning Tumblr! Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know today:
- A patent trolling’ firm called Eolas was just crushed in court. A win for web innovators every where.
- Finland is set to vote on a set of fairer copyright laws that were drafted by its own citizens. Cool!
- The NSA can send a drone after any mobile phone, even if its off.
- A Japanese power company admits that radioactive water is leaking from the Fukushima nuclear power plant that was damaged in a 2011 tsunami.
- Stream Nation is like a Dropbox for storing and sharing videos privately.
- Ubuntu is crowd funding $32 million for a dual-boot smartphone that loads either Android or Ubuntu. Wait, $32 million?
Have a great week!
Nuclear Fallout Kills 370x Less People Than Coal
A nuclear reactor meltdown is mankind’s worst sci-fi nightmare. And NASA says, it’s not nearly as lethal as the coal we burn every day…