Daily Fast Feed Roundup
Hello Tumblr! Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know today:
- The French court ordered Twitter to hand over names of racist and anti-semitic tweeters to the French Union of Jewish Students.
- U.N. put the official death toll of the Syrian conflict around 93,000. This number includes 6,561 children.
- MTV has launched a new digital content-creation lab called MTV Other.
- A flying bike built in the Czech Republic had its first successful test flight.
- Lululemon Chairman Dennis ‘Chip’ Wilson sold $50 million in stock right before the CEO’s surprise departure this week.
- Watch out Snapchat, you’ve got a copycat. Clipchat is an app that does the same exact thing… only maybe better?
- Facebook has opened its first international data center in Sweden. It is apparently ”one of the most efficient and sustainable data centers in the world.”
- TV startup Boxee is looking for around $30 million or a buy out from investors.
- Perhaps in an attempt to demonstrate its advertising potential (and potentially gain new revenue streams), Twitter is letting everyone use its data-analysis platform.
- An activist’s parody shows what may happen if the LA Times and a number of other papers are ‘Kochified.’