Daily Fast Feed Roundup
Happy Hump Day! Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know today:
- Cool experiments on the International Space Station are teaching us more about fire.
- High levels of toxic and radio substances were found in the groundwater near the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan.
- There are now 1 million active advertisers on Facebook, reports the social media giant.
- From our NSA secret surveillance tracker: Google is challenging the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance court (FISA), saying it has the right to talk about any government requests for data.
- Google Play is now offering streaming content apps from the History Channel, Lifetime, and A&E.
- Tesla, which is demo-ing its swap-able electric car battery this week, is recalling some of its Model S electric cars due to a seat safety defect.
- TripAdvisor just bought GateGuru, an app that offers travelers airport info in real-time.
- On the run from the law? Well then you need a pair of these goggles specially designed to block facial recognition patterns.
- The Brazilian government is sending military aid to five major cities in response to massive protests.