“When building your team, don’t hire a skill set, instead choose people that you wouldn’t mind going for a hike with after work, and trust that most people will step up to the plate and learn the skills that they need.”
Remember hiding out reading a book under the covers after you were supposed to be in bed? This brilliant children’s book embraces that tradition.
Here is a 60-second version of The Matrix.
Check out what other classic movies have been turned into minute-long animations by 1A4 Studio .
“Great entrepreneurs aren’t fearless. Instead, they acknowledge their fear (even if they feel scared of everything) and try new ideas anyway. It’s the best way to succeed on your own terms.”
“More usually, though, the reason for letting go of a goal is that we’ve evolved away from the goal, or we thought it sounded good at the time and it no longer does.”
"That’s fine," says Fast Company contributor Laura Vanderkam.
New York Daily News' Marc A. Hermann matched old newspaper photographs of crimes and accidents with present-day locations to create riveting photo mashups of NYC’s past and present.
Headline: Rick Perry leaves a trail of death…
Here is a basic run down of why you can’t stay focused…
- After 12 seconds of effort, your neurons are running on empty.
- They first look to glial cells for lactate, a readily used sugar.
- If glial cells can’t find lactate, they look for glycogen, which they store up at night and later convert to energy.
- If your neurons can’t find lactate or glycogen, they get exhausted—enabling other parts of your brain to call for attention.
Happy hump day! Here are a few tips to boost your productivity.
- Funkified new wave jams to boost your productivity
- The truth about sleep, science, and productivity
- What successful people do during lunch
Have a great day!
In the U.S., Avon ladies helped pioneer the door-to-door sales business model while peddling makeup and perfumes. Today, one at a time, women are fanning out to reach some of the world’s most remote markets with desperately needed goods and services. How a traveling salesforce of women could bridge Africa’s “last mile.”