NPR got a pretty massive homepage redesign today, optimizing for mobile and offering a highly curated list of stories. The goal is to help readers find and then dive deeper into the content they love.
This year, ourInnovation By Design Conference will bring the world’s best designers and design-minded business leaders together to practically consider The Business Impact of Good Design.
Expect highly visual presentations, smart dialogue, and an engaging setting — all intended to elevate and amplify your creative vision.
At the end of the day, celebrate the finalists and winners of the 2013 Innovation By Design Awards, Fast Company’s annual recognition of designers who have made groundbreaking contributions in the past year.
Handmade by Fair Trade artisans in Bali out of bamboo, these ships sail through air, not water. Wind fills the sails of the double-masted boat to send it skyward. Though it looks delicate, bamboo has greater tensile strength than steel, and can shrug off crashes on beaches or grass.
This typography beard guide pairs popular beard styles with their font brothers.
Check out this giant orb made of NYC’s snapped umbrellas
These shoes come with a built-in tent… just in case?
Nike’s redesigned NFL uniform that everyone will be talking about tonight
- The helmet’s unique design fades from matte black in front to shiny gold in the rear.
- Nike’s Jags jersey is made out of high-tech stretch material that hugs the torso for a sleek look but still offers the necessary range of motion.
- An armed-forces-style badge is a nod to Jacksonville’s sizable military community.
- The belt adds hidden padding, which could help players avoid hip pointers, a common injury.
- When a player interlaces his hands just the right way, the gloves create a single image, the team logo.
Here are some of the speakers who will be providing highly visual presentations and smart dialogue about the business impact of good design at this year’s Innovation By Design conference.
Yahoo is redesigning its logo, but keeping the three worst parts about it.
Jay-Z’s 99 problems as illustrated by artist Ali Graham
JetBlue unveils first-ever business class "suite seat" with sliding door
“All the seats will have a massage function, cushions that inflate to your desired firmness, aisle access, and 15-inch widescreen TVs. Initially they will fly just two routes, JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO.”