Daily Fast Feed Roundup
Good morning Tumblr! Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know today:
- Google will tap into its inner nerd during the upcoming Geek Week (Aug 4-10), which is meant to promote its original content.
- The new Nexus 7 tablet has gone on pre-order before Google even had a chance to reveal it.
- BBC Researchers have come up with a concept for how to send astronauts to Mars, and then bring them back.
- Heads up all you hopeless e-romantics, a security flaw within the dating app Tinder exposed users’ locations and Facebook IDs for two hours last weekend.
- Hmm, is your data safe with Citibike? A glitch exposed the credit card info of more than 1,000 users in April.
- Get ready to see lots of promoted tweets during your favorite TV shows, because Twitter is giving a big push to its TV ad targeting feature for brands.
- Apple’s third-quarter earnings show record-setting iPhone sales but declining numbers for the iPad.
- NYC mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner’s sexting alter-ego has a name, and it is Carlos Danger.
- Edward Snowden has been given permission to leave the Sheremetyevo airport, as long as he stays in Russia.
- A Kickstarter campaign has been launched for a Superteddy bear that would be able to chat naturally using Siri-like technology.
Have a great day!