Daily Fast Feed Roundup
Hello Tumblr! Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know today:
- Beck, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Carsten Holler, and Kenneth Anger are some of the artists joining Doug Aitkin’s “Station to Station” nomadic festival.
- Europe has successfully tested a future mini space craft.
- The Associated Press has purchased a minority stake in mobile ‘citizen video’ service Bambuser.
- France says the way Google handles data is infringing on privacy laws.
- From our NSA secret surveillance tracker: Google distances itself from the NSA, saying it is ”not in cahoots with the NSA."
- Google also admits that its tricky brainteaser questions were absolutely useless for predicting an employee’s success.
- Updates to Twitter’s video service Vine were just announced, preceding Facebook’s rumored release of an Instagram video feature.
- Users are worried about their privacy after LinkedIn’s domain name system was hacked Wednesday evening.
- There are almost 100 open jobs at Hulu as the company’s leaders vacate the premises before its proposed sale.
- Forget electric cars. An electric half-plane, half-helicopter dubbed “Project Zero" is being shown at the Paris Air Show.
[Image by Julia Kaganskiy]