Daily Fast Feed Roundup
Good morning and happy Friday! Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know today:
- In a pro-consumer attempt to foster innovation, European regulators are banning roaming fees.
- Now you can use Microsoft Office on your iPhone (if you suscribe to Office 365 and you have access to their cloud).
- Pandora is being sued by the songwriters’ rights association, BMI, after it purchased a small radio station in an attempt to pay lower royalty rates.
- Google is winning big in mobile advertising. This year the search engine giant is expected to take home more than half the mobile ad revenues generated worldwide.
- Seasoned directors and movie industry kings Steven Spielberg and George Lucas warn film students that the tech industry will cause a “massive implosion” of Hollywood.
- President Obama has approved giving U.S. military aid to Syrian rebels after it was confirmed that the Syrian government used chemical weapons.
- And more news from our NSA secret surveillance tracker: U.S. government agencies routinely swap data with civilian firms.