Some interesting facts about the Superbowl XLVII by futurejournalismproject:
Super Bowl Twitter Numbers
Twitter released some of their numbers from the Super Bowl. They include 24.1 million total posts along with:
- 231,500 Tweets Per Minute during the power outage.
- 183,000 Tweets Per Minute when the Ravens finally won.
- 268,000 Tweets Per Minute at the conclusion of Beyonce’s halftime show.
It also took a mere four minutes into the power outage before the first advertiser took out a promoted tweet against it.
Other, non-Twitter, odds and ends:
- The street value of the silver used in the Vince Lombardi trophy is $3,500.
- The Paul Harvey “So God Made a Farmer” speech used in the Dodge Ram commercial was made in 1978.
- CBS used 62 cameras to broadcast the game.
- A 30-second ad cost $3.8 million.
- It’s estimated that Americans bet $10 billion by halftime on various aspects of the game.