- Turn a bad idea into a good idea by asking “why?”
- Win the mind game.
To harness the power of others’ unconscious brains, kick off every important dialogue with your pearly whites. “If I smile at someone, mirror neurons mimic that behavior. To some extent, that person smiles inside.”
- Cut the urgency BS. “High Priority” emails will get you no where.
- Tackle failure.
- Avoid blame.
- Ask questions.
- Make failure a regular part of conversation.
- Understand your quiet colleagues.
- Explain an idea.
- Keep explanations clear and simple.
What are some other tips for navigating conversation in the workplace?
Want more from Fast Company on conversations?
- How Do You Foster Intelligent Conversation?
- Talk Is Cheap. Let’s Have A Conversation
- The One Conversational Tool That Will Make You Better At Absolutely Everything
[Image: Marekuliasz via Shutterstock][Post: m.cecelia bittner]